This is the same wheelset that is found on the Jones LWB V3 Complete bikes. The 6061-T6 aluminum rims have a 50 mm outer and 45 mm inner width and eyeleted spoke holes for strength. The wide, 45 mm inner width spreads the tire beads making for a tire that is more stable side to side and folds over less at low pressures while cornering hard, and resists bottoming during hard impacts. The double wall rim has a very pronounced bead lock to keep the tires on the rim at low pressures. The rims are pre-taped for tubeless and drilled for more durable schrader valve stems which allow for better airflow making set up easier.
This Jones Spec. 148 mm x 12 mm thru-axle hub has 32 holes. The 4 freehub pawls and the ratchet teeth are larger than what’s found in most hubs adding to the overall strength. Cutaways in the flanges keep weight to a minimum. The hub has Boost spacing with sealed cartridge bearings, a 6-bolt disk brake pattern, and your choice of freehub and axle.
- Shimano HG steel freehub with steel or aluminum axle
- Shimano HG aluminum freehub with steel or aluminum axle
- SRAM XD aluminum freehub with steel or aluminum axle
- Shimano Microspline freehub with aluminum axle
For maximum stiffness and durability, we recommend 4130 chromoly steel for the axle and Shimano HG freehub body. This is how we spec our complete LWB HD/e complete bicycles and E-Bikes. The freehub body is compatible with 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 speed cassettes that are designed to work with Shimano HG freehub bodies. This hub is excellent for E-Bikes or for carrying heavy loads.
Aluminum SRAM XD and Shimano HG freehub bodies are available and are about 85 g lighter than the steel HG freehub. These can be used on either the steel axle, or be combined with a Jones Spec. Aluminum Axle for even greater weight savings. Both freehub bodies have 4 pawls for 40 points of engagement and use sealed cartridge bearings.
A Shimano Microspline freehub body is also available which allows the use of 11 and 12 speed Shimano Microspline cassettes with a 10 tooth small cog. It has 4 pawls for 40 points of engagement and has sealed cartridge bearings. The Microspline option comes with an aluminum axle that is specific to this freehub.
The front hub features canted flanges that angle the spokes in toward the spoke holes in the rim and wide, equal flange spacing. The rear hub also has wide flange spacing which makes for extremely strong and stiff wheels. Cutaways in the flanges keep weight to a minimum. Both hubs have sealed cartridge bearings and a 6-bolt disk brake pattern. These are very strong and stiff wheels, great for ebikes or for carrying heavy loads.
- 45 / 50 - 622 BSD Aluminum rim, 603 mm ERD.
- Double wall rim with eyeleted spoke holes for strength and durability.
- Pronounced bead lock.
- 32 Hole for a strong, stiff wheel build.
- 14 Gauge stainless steel, black spokes. Black brass nipples.
- 150 mm x 15 mm Jones Spec Front Hub.
- 148 mm x 12 mm Boost Jones Spec HD/e Rear Hub. 40 points of engagement.
- Compatible with Jones Thru Axle Bolt (New Type). (not included).
- Sealed cartridge bearings, 2 front, 4 rear.
- Compatible with 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 speed cassettes that are designed to work with Shimano HG freehub bodies.
- 4 oversized freehub pawls, 40 point engagement rear hub.
- Schrader (automotive type) valves are easier to use and are more durable. More airflow for easier tubeless set up.
- Tubeless ready rim strip. PET + EVA.
- 6-Bolt disk brake rotor pattern.
- Aluminum rear axle (sold separately) is available separately to save weight.
- SRAM XD and Shimano HG aluminum freehub bodies are available separately to save weight.
- Wheelset weight: (with tubeless ready tape).
- Front wheel: (with tubeless ready tape).
- Rear wheel: (with tubeless ready tape).
- Rim tape