What is the HD/e? (back to top)
The Jones Plus LWB HD/e is based on the Jones Plus LWB, a design that has proven itself as one of the most versatile bikes around, winning awards for its abilities as a bikepacking bike, as well as praise for just about all other types of riding, and it's little wonder: Jones Geometry and the long wheelbase puts you in a position that's comfortable and relaxed, but very efficient and great for everything from technical trails to long road rides!
HD/e stands for heavy duty and electric. The frame is built stiffer, stronger, and longer. This frameset is an excellent starting point for building up a fully loaded touring bike or for a DIY ebike project. If you’re in need of a heavy duty frame for touring, bikepacking, mountain biking, commuting, gravel, or road riding, the Jones Plus HD/e has you covered!
The Jones Plus LWB HD/e frames and unicrown forks are made from heat treated 4130 chromoly steel. Our LWB HD/e steel frames have a great feel to them that is stiffer, stronger and with a little more weight than the non HD/e version (~ 300 grams). Perfect for heavy loads or for an electric bike.
The Jones Plus LWB HD/e has a standard 68 mm English / BSA threaded bottom bracket which is one of the most commonly used bottom bracket shells in use today. This allows the frame to be built up with either a regular bicycle crankset, or a mid-drive ebike motor.
Frame Specs (back to top)
- TIG welded, custom butted, post heat treated, 4130 chromoly tubing.
- Thicker tubing than original LWB for extra strength and stiffness.
- Larger diameter top and down tubes.
- 1” longer chainstays for added stability and chainring clearance.
- Extra chainring clearance can easily fit up to a 56T front ring, prevents dropped chains from getting stuck. Great for bottom bracket ebike motor kits.
- 68 mm English/BSA threaded bottom bracket shell.
- Clearance for 29” x 3.25" tires.
- Aluminum 150 mm x 15 mm front thru axle bolt. 181 mm x 15 mm, M15 x 1.50 thread pitch. Uses a 6 mm hex wrench. Simple, reliable, light, and low profile.
- Aluminum 148 mm x 12 mm rear thru axle bolt. 171 mm x 12 mm, M12 x 1.75 thread pitch. Uses a 6 mm hex wrench. Simple, reliable, light, and low profile.
- Standard 148 mm x 12 mm thru axle “Boost” rear hub spacing.
- CNC machined dropouts.
- Chainstay mounted 51 mm IS rear disc brake mount for up to 203 mm rotor.
- 27.2 mm seatpost size.
- 31.8 mm seatpost clamp size.
- Standard 1 1/8" headtube for external bearing headsets such as the Jones H-Set.
- Multiple rear rack and fender braze-on mounts for the best rack/fender/tire size fit, or for mounting water bottles.
- Bosses located at top of seat stays for ease of mounting racks.
- Centered kick stand mount.
- Available in black with semi-matte clear coat applied over the decals.
- Replaceable derailleur hanger to prevent the frame, derailleur, and spokes from being bent or damaged.
Unicrown Fork Specs
- TIG welded, custom butted, heat treated, 4130 chromoly tubing.
- 150 mm x 15 mm thru axle dropout spacing.
- Clearance for 29” x 3.25" tires.
- 51 mm IS disk brake tab, room for 203 mm rotor.
- Straight 1 1/8" steerer tube.
- Fork length: 451 mm for maximum adjustment.
- 76 mm offset/rake.
- Compatible with Jones Truss Fork for Plus LWB
What you get (back to top)
Frame: Jones Plus LWB HD/e frame, rear thru axle/TA bolt, black stainless steel water bottle bolts with integrated washers, cable guide clips, standard Jones derailleur hanger with stainless steel bolts.
Fork: Jones Plus LWB HD/e Steel Unicrown Fork with front thru axle/TA bolt, black stainless steel water bottle bolts with integrated washers, cable guide clips.
Plus LWB HD/e frame and fork weights including frame parts; axle, derailleur hanger, bolts, clips
Steel Plus LWB HD/e Frame: Small 3130 g, Medium 3280 g, Large 3383 g
Sizing Information (back to top)
Jones HD/e framesets and complete bikes come in three sizes. To find out which size you may need, please check the basic size chart and geometry below. It’s recommended that you have 1” minimum clearance when standing over the top tube.
5'4" - 5'8"
5'7" - 6'2"
6' - 6'6"
(at center of top tube)
Geometry (back to top)
Jones Geometry uses a short reach and tall stack for an upright position that places less weight on your hands. All sizes of the Jones Plus LWB HD/e frames have a 67.5° head tube angle and a 71° effective seat tube angle.
Chainstays are 20”/508 mm from bb center to axle center.
Small: 46.25” / 1176 mm
Medium: 47.25” / 1203 mm
Large: 48.5” / 1231 mm
For drivetrain and wheelset suggestions and requirements, please check out the Jones Plus LWB HD/e supplemental frameset manual.
Ways to buy a Jones Bicycle
1- Jones Custom Select Bicycle: We build a custom bike for you from the frame up. Talk with Jeff about how you ride and what you need and want in a bike and he will help you with the choices and options to give you the best ride.
2- Rolling Chassis: A Jones rolling chassis includes a frame, fork, headset and wheelset and is a great place to get started on your own Jones Bike build!
3- Customize or modify a complete Jones Bicycle: We build a boxed Jones complete bike with changes and modifications of your choice. Then we tune, adjust and test ride your bike, tune it again and then carefully pack it back up and send it to you, or you can pick it up here (customer keeps take-off parts).
4- Complete Jones Bike order with added parts: We can add parts and accessories to your bike order to be installed later.