The Jones Kraton H-Grips are durable, inexpensive, easy-to-install, and are made especially to fit the two widths of Jones H-bars!
- The synthetic rubber is very durable.
- Deep H-Bar patterning gives you a solid grip.
- 34mm diameter.
- Jones H-Grip expanding plugs included.
Available in four colors; Black, Red, Grey, and Orange.
Both sizes of H-Grips fit their respective H-Bars perfectly. The H-Grips for 710mm H-Bars are 205mm long, and the H-Grips for 660mm H-Bars are 165mm long. The grips can be used, and will work fine with the bar plugs that come in the H-Bars, but we wanted to include larger, more protective bar plugs with our grips, so that your grips won't get torn up as easily, and that's what these grips come with.
The ends of the grips are beveled to meet the angle of the bar plug, so that the plug can protect the end of the grip better, which is really important when you're laying the bike down on its side. The bar plugs themselves have a captured nut in the wedge so that when you loosen the bolt to remove the grips, the nut stays in place and the plug comes right out! And now both the nut and the bolt that threads into it are stainless steel to resist rust!
Approximate weights for 205mm grips for 710mm H-Bars, including plugs: 292 grams with plugs.
Grips are sold as pairs with plugs.
Installation Instructions: Remove old bar plugs before installation…
1. Kraton rubber: clean handlebar first using alcohol. Blow grips on using an air compressor, or use alcohol or hand sanitizer as a lubricant to help slide them on (make sure to let them sit for 24 hours if using a lubricant to give it time to evaporate).
2. Insert the expanding bar plugs fully into the end of the bar and tighten to supplied stainless steel bolts using a #2 Phillips screwdriver until the plugs stay in place when you try to move them.
Get the grips installed by a qualified mechanic if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself.
!WARNING: Always ride your bike with appropriate bar plugs installed. In the event of a crash, an open handlebar can result in serious injury. Before every ride always try twisting the grips to make sure they are tight. Do not ride your bike if the grips are loose because doing so can result in serious injury or even death.