This is the same heavy duty wheelset that is found on the Jones PLUS LWB HD/e bikes and ebikes. The 6061-T6 aluminum rims have a 50 mm outer and 45 mm inner width and 36 eyeleted spoke holes for maximum strength. The wide, 45 mm inner width spreads the tire beads making for a tire that folds over less at low pressures while cornering hard, and resists bottoming during hard impacts. The double wall rim has a very pronounced bead lock to keep the tires on the rim at low pressures. The rims are pre-taped for tubeless and drilled for more durable schrader valve stems which allow for better airflow making set up easier.
The Jones Spec. HD/e 148 mm x 12 mm thru axle rear hub is strong and durable. The axle and Shimano HG freehub body are both made from chromoly steel for maximum stiffness and strength. The freehub body is compatible with 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 speed cassettes that are designed to work with Shimano HG freehub bodies. The 4 freehub pawls and the ratchet teeth are larger than what’s found in most hubs adding to the overall strength.
The front hub features canted flanges that angle the spokes in toward the spoke holes in the rim and wide, equal flange spacing. The rear hub also has wide flange spacing which makes for extremely strong and stiff wheels. Cutaways in the flanges keep weight to a minimum. Both hubs have sealed cartridge bearings and a 6-bolt disk brake pattern. These are very strong and stiff wheels, great for ebikes or for carrying heavy loads.
- 45 / 50 - 622 BSD Aluminum rim, 603 mm ERD.
- Double wall rim with eyeleted spoke holes for strength and durability.
- Pronounced bead lock.
- 36 Hole for a strong, stiff wheel build.
- 14 Gauge stainless steel, black spokes. Chromed brass nipples.
- 150 mm x 15 mm Jones Spec Front Hub.
- 148 mm x 12 mm Boost Jones Spec HD/e Rear Hub. 40 points of engagement.
- Compatible with Jones Thru Axle Bolt (New Type). (not included).
- Sealed cartridge bearings, 2 front, 4 rear.
- Extra strong 4130 chromoly steel axles.
- Extra strong 4130 chromoly steel Shimano HG driver body.
- Compatible with 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 speed cassettes that are designed to work with Shimano HG freehub bodies.
- 4 oversized freehub pawls, 40 point engagement rear hub.
- Schrader (automotive type) valves are easier to use and are more durable. More airflow for easier tubeless set up.
- Tubeless ready rim strip. PET + EVA.
- 6-Bolt disk brake rotor pattern.
- Aluminum rear axle is available separately to save weight.
- SRAM XD and Shimano HG aluminum freehub bodies are available separately to save weight.
- Wheelset weight: 2931 g (with tubeless ready tape).
- Front wheel: 1313 g (with tubeless ready tape).
- Rear wheel: 1618 g (with tubeless ready tape).
- Rim tape