We are currently out of stock of the Jones Steel Plus SWB Spaceframe with Truss fork.
If you would like to be notified when they are back in stock please put your email address in the notification box on this product page. You will receive an automated email when they are back in stock. Currently we are not accepting pre-orders or back orders.
We estimate the Jones Steel Plus SWB Spaceframe with Truss fork will be back in stock Spring 2022. (update: October 31, 2021)
Prices are subject to change.
The Jones Plus SWB brings the benefits of 27.5" Plus tires to the proven Jones 29 geometry to create a new kind of Jones Plus! This is the first revision to the original Jones 29 frame geometry in about 10 years, and it combines aspects of the Jones Plus LWB and the original Jones 29 to make a short wheelbase bike with clearance for larger tires, new hub spacing, more bosses, and slight geometry tweaks. The result is a bike that maintains the agility for which the Jones 29 is known, while adding stability, and more wheel options!
To see the breakdown of the differences between the Jones 29 and the Jones Plus SWB, check out the chart here!
The Jones Plus SWB is the evolution of the original Jones: the Jones 29. The Jones 29 has been a truly groundbreaking bike since its introduction back in 2009, and this is the first major update it's gotten—which speaks to its enduring design, but recently Jeff saw developments which, together with little tweaks he'd had in mind, warranted a real update. Jeff tweaked that proven geometry to allow for clearance of 27.5x3+" tires front and rear (though it will fit up to a 4" tire in the front). This results in a 11mm longer rear center, which, when combined with a 1° slacker headtube angle, gives the frame an 11mm longer front center as well. This 22mm longer wheelbase gives the Plus SWB just the right amount of added stability when compared to the original Jones 29—without affecting the bikes superbly nimble handling.
It has the same 148x12mm thru-axle (boost) rear end, 150x15mm thru-axle front hub spacing as the Plus LWB—which allow you to use generator hubs designed for fat bikes, as well as build extremely strong wheels for both the front and rear. Three water bottle bosses on the top and bottom of the down tube to allow you to mount three-hole bottle cages such as the Salsa Anything Cage. Comes with Jones TA Bolts front and rear for simple, reliable wheel mounting. Jeff wanted to pare-down the thru-axles he used to the minimum by simplifying them as much as possible to make a system that is as reliable, light, and durable as possible. The result is the Jones TA Bolt. It works just like a standard quick release thru-axle, but instead of just threading it in until it's tight enough to clamp the quick release, you just tighten this one until it's tight, using a 5mm allen wrench. Jeff says it reminds him of tightening the wheels on his bike as a kid, and he is really happy with how positive and solid the connection feels.
Painted black with an ED Black coating to protect the frame from rust, and a semi matte clearcoat.
This is a frame, fork, EBB (bottom bracket), front and rear thru axles / TA bolts, stainless steel water bottle bolts, cable guide clips, and standard derailleur hanger.
Jones steel Plus SWB Spaceframe and Truss Fork
- Custom butted and heat treated 4130 Chromoly tubing
- Super simple, lightweight, creak-free, and durable pinchbolt EBB with fully replaceable stainless steel hardware
- 68mm BSA threaded bottom bracket (the most common bottom bracket)
- ED black underlayer to protect frame from rust
- Three rack and fender eyelets on and near the rear dropouts
- Full fender bosses on the seat and chainstay bridges
- Rack bosses on upper seatstays
- Standard 148x12mm thru-axle "Boost" rear hub spacing
- Standard 150x15mm thru-axle (standard fat bike) front hub spacing, which is compatible with dynamo hubs for fat bikes
- Triple-boss cage mount underneath the downtube
- One triple-boss cage mount on the top of the down tube (use it to for a standard two-bolt bottle cage, or a three-bolt cage)
- Low-mount rear disc brake mount for ease of mounting fenders and racks
- Replaceable derailleur hangers available for single speed, standard, and Shimano DMD
- Jones Truss fork – stiff front to rear for precise steering with minimal weight and huge tire clearance
- Replaceable aluminum steerer tube
- Jones TA Bolt thru-axles for simple, reliable and lightweight wheel attachment
- 27.2mm seat post size
- 31.8mm seat clamp/front derailleur size
- Compatible with 1x and 2x "boost" cranks
- Plenty of clearance for 27.5 x 3" or 29 x 2.6" rear tires, and up to 27.5 x 4" or 29 x 3.25" front tires. Scroll down for more information on this.
- increased toe clearance over Jones 29
- Super low standover height of 27"
- Size medium SWB Spaceframe with Truss fork, EBB, thru axles, water bottle bolts, clips, derailleur hanger weight: 4533 g
For more information check out these blog posts:
• Rider height between 5'2" and 6'2" would fit the Medium Jones Plus SWB Spaceframe.
All sizes of the Jones Plus SWB have a 69° head tube angle, and a 72° effective seat tube angle. The chainstays are 17.68"/449mm from bb to axle center.
Wheel base: medium: 42.98"/1091.72mm
The eccentric bottom bracket (EBB) allows you to adjust chain tension for single speeds and gear hubs, or to change your bottom bracket height to suit your preference for differing terrain or wheel sizes.
The Jones Plus SWB has enough is designed to be used with either 27.5 x 3" or 29 x 2.3-2.6" tires. It has lots of clearance with these tires. If you live in a place where clearance isn't much of an issue (a dry environment, for instance), and want to run something larger, in the rear, we have found that smaller 29x2.8-3" tires will actually fit with reasonable clearance—but much less than we'd like for even slightly muddy conditions. Before riding any tire over 29 x 2.6" in the rear, make sure it has enough clearance for the conditions in which you ride and remember that a loose hub or wheel that is out of true can take up extra clearance quickly!