48 V Battery Megapack for Plus LWB HD/e Ebikes with Bafang BBS02/BBSHD Motors
Extend your range with the Jones Spec. 48 V Megapack! This battery pack is capable of 100 miles and 10,000 vertical feet of climbing! Or, many more miles with less climbing!
The distance you can ride an ebike on a full battery charge depends on several variables. Most notably, the capacity of your battery affects how far you can go. In general, an ebike with a higher battery capacity will ride for longer. Watt-hours are usually used to determine the capacity of a battery pack. Watt-hours (Wh) are equal to Amp-hours (Ah) multiplied by the Voltage (V).
Wh = Ah * V
For example, the 10.4 Ah Jones Spec. Downtube mounted Battery Pack has 500 Wh.
500 Wh = 10.4 Ah * 48 V
The Jones Spec. 48 V Megapack has 2,352 Wh!
2,352 Wh = 49 Ah * 48 V
That’s over 4 times the range of a commonly sized 500 Wh battery!
The Jones Spec. 48 V Battery Megapack has been custom made to our own specifications. The pack will fit small, medium and large HD/e frames. It uses SAMSUNG 3,350 mAh cells that are connected 13S14P and there is a 30 Amp continuous BMS (Battery Management System) controlling the discharge rate. Because it is spread out over so many high quality cells (182), the voltage drop under load will be less than that of a smaller battery pack. This means that accelerations will be stronger and there will be more speed available throughout the entire ride. This also allows you to go at full speed for longer without overheating the battery which results in a longer battery life. Faster charging is another benefit of the Megapack size.
- Rechargeable LI-ion triangle battery.
- 48 Volt
- 30 Amp continuous BMS (Battery Management System) discharge rate.
- 49 Ah, 2,352 Wh
- SAMSUNG 3,350 mAh cells. 13S14P
- Custom shape to fit Jones HD/e frames.
- 8.0 Amp high-quality battery charger for faster charging. 3-prong grounded US plug (110 V) . 8.25" x 4" x 2.25" 1350 grams 3 lb.
- Charge time is about 6 hours, 3.5 hours faster than a 48 V - 5 A charger.
- Easy to use charger cable.
- Charger has a LED charge-level indicator light and Smart BMS (Battery Management System). A green light means it’s charged!
- Anderson connectors are used on the main battery disconnect. These are the same connectors used on the Jones HD/e Ebikes.
- Amass XT-60H connectors are used on the charging cable and charger.
- Weight of battery: 10.04 kg / 22 lbs 2 oz.
- Size and weight of charger: 8.25" x 4" x 2.25" 1350 g / 3 lb.
What You Get:
- 48 V, 49 Ah Rechargeable LI-ion triangle battery.
- 8.0 Amp battery charger with cable.
The distance you can ride an ebike on a full battery charge varies greatly depending on several variables.
Here are some tips on how to increase the range of your ebike. It's just like trying to get better mileage in a car by driving in a way where you conserve energy. Driving real smooth with easy accelerations and not speeding will increase your mileage.
- Pedal to help the motor as much as you can.
- Pedal at a higher cadence.
- Use a lower power level when possible, especially at lower speeds.
- Pedal only when starting out, power level 0. Then increase power assist once moving.
- Don’t use power on downhills.
Here are the stats from some of the rides we've done. Some riders are stronger than others and individual results will vary:
10.4 Ah battery: 22 miles, 3500 vertical feet, 3 hours of riding
17.5 Ah battery: 30 miles, 5000 vertical feet, 4 hours of riding
17.5 Ah battery: 41 miles, 4,500 vertical feet, 3 hours of riding
42 Ah battery: 101 miles, 12,600 vertical feet, 6.5 hours of riding
42 Ah battery: 100 miles, 10,000 vertical feet, 7 hours of riding
Custom made for Jones frames. The shape of the pack is designed to fit the small, medium and large frames. Currently all frame mounting is DIY or custom select. Contact us for more details.